Saturday, April 19, 2008

National Conference on Undergraduate Research

This past week end I was able to attend and present two of my research at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research which was held on April 10-12th at Salisbury University. I presented a research titled “The Choreographic Process Behind Oradour-sur-Glane’s Historical Event.” This research talked about the process I used to choreograph “Souviens-toi: A Somber Recollection of Oradour-Sur-Glane,” a piece I created this past January for the Martin Luther King Jr. Commemoration. The second, is a research I co-presented with Meredith Ashton. The title of that research is “A Dancer’s Dilemma: Menstrual Cycle Versus Obsession.” This research talked about the choice a dancer makes to pursue a thin body type in an unnatural way, or by pursuing this desired look in a more balanced and healthy way. It was a fascinating conference; I learned a lot.

To learn more about these two research, you may contact me @ maeva.ward@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment